About NSS of Malda College
The College has one functional National Service Scheme (NSS) Unit since 1986 and another unit is being planned from the academic session 20019-20 onwards. It is a voluntary association of students. At present Mr. Amulya Sarkar, (M 9874445722) Assistant Professor of Sanskrit, is in-charge of the NSS Unit.
- NSS conducts various social activities such as, cleaning, health camp, awareness camp, tree plantation programme, etc. Apart from training the students to be an able and aware citizen, NSS offers an opportunity to develop leadership skills enhances their ability to work as a team.
- Total number of seats is for the active unit is 50.
- How to join NSS:
- For joining NSS students must apply online through the college website after notification.
- There is no application fee for NSS.
- Tentative time for admission is July-August (after completion of the admission process) and the students will be informed through College Website and notice.
About NCC of Malda College
NCC Unit (Under 11 Bengal BN NCC, Malda)
The National Cadet Corps is Youth Wing of Armed Forces where student (called as Cadets) are given basic military training in small arms and parades. It is open to school and college students on a voluntary basis. The cadets have no liability for active military service once they complete their course. However if they decide to join the armed forces they are given special treatment. At present Mr. Abhijit Das (M 9614370142) is in charge of this unit.
- Only the Army Wing of the NCC is available at Malda College.
- Total sanctioned strength is 80 (Combined strength for three years). For the academic session 2019-20 the number of seats vacant is 27 (boys=14, girls=13).
- How to join the NCC:
- Collect Pre-Enrollment Form (Fees- 100/- Only) from the NCC Room, C.T.O. Mr. Abhijit Das, Mob-9614370142.
- You have to pass the Physical Measurement Test(PMT).
- You have to pass Physical Efficiency Test (PET) ( Ex Running, Sit-Up, Push Up, etc.)
- You have to pass a written test on basic general knowledge.
- AS per the above criteria a final merit list will be published.
- There will be document verification for shortlisted students.
Please click on the link below