It is highlighted that ragging in any form at any place, will not be tolerated, and it is banned. For this purpose, the following activities/actions will be considered as the forms of ragging:
- i) Any conduct by any student or students whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness a fresher or any other students.
- ii) Asking any student to do any act which may cause of generating a sense of shame or torment or embarrassment to adversely affect the physique or psyche on such fresher or any other student.
- iii) Any act that prevents, disrupts or disturbs the regular academic activity of a student.
- iv) Exploiting the services of a junior student for completing the academic tasks assigned to an individual or a group of seniors.
- v) Any act of financial extortion put on a junior student by senior students.
- vi) Any act of physical abuse including all variants of it: sexual abuse, homosexual assaults, stripping, forcing obscene and lewd acts, gestures, causing bodily harm or any other danger to health of the student.
- vii) Any act that affects the mental health and self-confidence of students.
Depending upon the seriousness of the offence as established by the Anti-Ragging Committee of the College, the possible punishments for those found guilty of ragging at the college level shall be any one or a combination of the following:
- a) Cancellation of admission
- b) Suspension from attending classes
- c) Withholding/withdrawing scholarship/fellowship and other benefits
- d) Debarring from appearing in any test/examination or other evaluation process
- e) Withholding results
- f) Debarring from representing the institution in any regional, national or international meet, tournament, youth festival, etc.
- g) Suspension/expulsion from the
- h) Rustication from the institution for a period as may be determined by appropriate authority
- i) Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution of the University
- j) Fine of Rupees 10,000/-